hold all incoming jobs

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Mar 19 14:17:40 PST 2006

Anonymous wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> I need to hold all incoming print jobs on my cups server, is there a (simple) possibility to realize this?

If you need to hold them while you fix a problem with a printer, use:

     /usr/bin/disable printername

with CUPS 1.1 or:

     /usr/sbin/cupsdisable printername

with CUPS 1.2.

To hold jobs by default, use the following command on each system:

     lpoptions -p printername -o job-hold-until=indefinite

With CUPS 1.2, you can use the following command on the server:

     lpadmin -p printername -o job-hold-until-default=indefinite