RIP Server

Phil Krochmal pk000075545 at ltu.edu
Fri Mar 24 08:29:05 PST 2006

Hello,

I am curious to know how to setup a MAC OSX 10.4.4 computer to work as a Raster Image Processor (or RIP) server like one would find at Kinkos and with other pay programs, but strictly with CUPS 1.2. The idea is to preprocess the data for some HP 800ps Plotters that we have. This will cut the processor time down a ton. The issue is that I need it to be able to RIP files from both Windows and MAC units. I would assume it requires setting up a filter, but the problem is I don't have clue one on how to do it. So all help that anyone can provide would be most helpful to my cause. Thanks in advance.