CUPS output to file system

thipps thipps_mr at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 13:42:54 PST 2006

Hi,

I am using cups to print pdf on to zebra printer. So CUPS converts pdf to zpl and sends it to zebra printer. Before sending the zpl file to zebra printer I want to massage the data and sent it to zebra printer.

Hence I am first sending the output to tmp directory and massage it and then send it to the printer.

Here is the URI definition

Device URI: file://tmp/test.zpl

Now the problem is if I print 10 documents at a time I will be getting only one output test.zpl. Previously submitted 9 documents are being lost.

I want to know is there a way to name the file(test.zpl) uniquely each time you print the document. like test1.zpl,test2.zpl(something like)

I appreciate your help on this regard.