The age old multiple copies-windows problem

coyoteboyuk at hotmail.com coyoteboyuk at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 11:09:10 PST 2006

> Well, without any information at all it is impossible to help you.

Hmm, its a fair cop - i thought there may be an easy answer lol

> What version of Windows?

Any, but in this case XP Pro

> What version of CUPS?

well the conf files state 1.17 but im running the nightly YUM update on fedora core 4 and its never been any different.

> What driver are you using on Windows?

The latest Epson 640 colour driver. The system is set to take raw data from the windows machines and use their drivers and settings and send it out the the 640 on its parallel port. I set the sharing up so long ago i cant remember exactly the setup - if you can tell me where to find the info you require I'll be very grateful. The print server is also sharing files through samba so at a guess it will indeed be using that. I'm relatively aware of linux configurations but the printer side was set up when i first installed and tried linux and i cant remember it specifically.

If you could advise the best way of having a server based print queue that all users can access and or change (at least their own docs) and do multiple pages then I'll gladly re-configure.

Cheers, sorry for the lame first post!

James