[cups.general] CUPS taking a while to process jobs

Nolan Rumble nmr at sun.ac.za
Wed Mar 29 06:42:19 PST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with my CUPS server.  Some of my users are complaining
that their print jobs are taking a long time to print.  In other
words....they click print, the program shows as the document being sent
and it takes CUPS a while (~10mins to process per job, job size around
300kb or so and number of pages around 5) to move it from active jobs to
the complete jobs list.

Other times (according to the complete jobs list), it shows that the
print job was completed, but the document never comes out of the
printer.

How would I go about solving this problem?

Any specific debug options that I should set?

Thanks,
Nolan