[cups.general] printer starts but no output

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Wed Mar 29 09:49:51 PST 2006

Greetings,

We are using samba 3.0.21c with cups-1.2b2 on debian sarge to serve
printing to Mac OSX 10.4.5 clients.

We are having problems printing any Adobe CS applications from a mac to
Lexmark T630 printers.  The printer starts spooling but nothing comes
out of the printer.  Printing to some other models are fine.

mac clients connect to the print server like so:
[mac-client]$ lpstat -v
device for oa_s419_e1: smb://[server-name]/oa-s419-e1

cups server points directly to the printer, using lext630.ppd from
easysw.com:
[server-name]:/# lpstat -v oa-s419-e1
device for oa-s419-e1: socket://oa-s419-lext630

Does anyone know what the problem is?

I've posted the problem jobfile and control file for you perusal:
http://it.sheridanc.on.ca/cups/

Your help is greatly appreciated.

regards,
Ryan