Configuring Epson EPL5700

Luis Felipe Gerlein mrgerlo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:42:31 PST 2006

I got the ppd file from linuxprinting.org and got another one in epson epl project.  This printer was working on a windows 2000 server with TCP/IP print services activated and i was printing from solaris using the LPD protocol to windows.  I am triying to configure now the pinter locally on the Solaris server.  I modified the printer online, and just change the params to IEEE Sun Parallel Port, instead of using the lpd config.  But nothing happens, can't print and in fact, anything happens.

After that, i returned the printer to the windows server, but now, it only recieves the Postscript queue, but dont interpret it.  I found a solution to this, activating a DWORD on windows registry called something like "...passthourgh", but didnt work.

What things do i have to take in care in order make this printer work???, has someone configured it on solaris'?

Please someone help me with this

Thanx
Felipe