[cups.general] Printer Control

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Thu Mar 30 07:53:20 PST 2006

I need to be able to give a user control of a specific printer but not
access ALL the other printers on the network.  They need to be able to
perform enable, disable and cancel; but just for this specific printer.

How do I do this?  I am thinking that I may not want to give them access
to the group sys which is the SystemGroup default defined in the
cupsd.conf file.  Can I define another 'group' for just these specific
people and allow them access to just specific things?

I am unable to find anything in the manual about controlling the
printers to this level.

Have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax