[cups.general] Printer Control

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Thu Mar 30 08:49:55 PST 2006

The Software Administrators Manual hints at this option, it shows

<Location /printers/name>
<Location>

So, how do I fill in the blanks?

I guess I am looking for examples as to how to put in the info which I
cannot find.  If I were guessing something like:

<Location /printers/name>
/printers/IMAP12
Allow from user=userlogin
op=start-printer,stop-printer
</Location>

Or is it:

<Location /printers/IMAP12>
Allow user userloginid
op=start-printer,stop-printer
</Location>

The documentation is weak and I am not clear, any help would be
appreciated as I really need to do this.

Thank you so much!  Have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax
Hardin*Simmons University
www.hsutx.edu
PO BOX 16040
Abilene, TX  79698

I have gone through the user manual to no avail and I am now going
through the Administrators manual but if it is there I am not seeing it
or do not know what to key off of.

Thank you so much!