[cups.general] Printer Control

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Fri Mar 31 06:06:26 PST 2006

So, it looks like I am going to have to have multiple lines as I see
nothing that allows me to put multiple operations in one command nor can
I find the actual commands anywhere as I have scoured the administrators
manual but the documentation seems to be weak in that area or I am just
not getting it.

Anyhow, I need to allow a user (possibly some others) to start-printer,
stop-printer and delete-job; therefore my syntax in the cupsd.conf file
would be as follows:

-----start snip
<Location /printers/AWDLT2?op=stop-printer>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From @LOCAL
Require user user74
</Location>
<Location /printers/AWDLT2?op=start-printer>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From @LOCAL
Require user user74
</Location>
<Location /printers/AWDLT2?op=delete-job>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From @LOCAL
Require user user74
</Location>
-----end snip

Then, for another person, I would have to do all this all over again,
right?

Thank you so much for further clarification, I wish I could find this
with examples in the manuals and then I would not be cluttering up the
listserve with this; however, I really do appreciate the help.

Have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax