getenv("PPD") returning null

Josh Mathis josh.m at swecoinus.com
Mon Mar 6 06:11:51 PST 2006

I have written my raster driver based off of rastertohp. At the beginning I get the PPD in use with:

ppd = ppdOpenFile(getenv("PPD"));

This has been working fine until recently. ppd used to be set to the full path of the ppd in use. Now, it is returning null. I have tried deleting ppds.dat and reloading cups, but this does not help. I know that CUPS is finding my ppd, because I can remove and reload my printer and view all the options defined in the ppd. What would cause getenv to not find the PPD variable? What could cause CUPS not to set this variable?