[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #1485: PDF generated from PostSCript uses wrong character encoding

Ulrich.Windl.rz.uni-regensburg Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Mar 14 05:35:49 PST 2006

[STR New]

When printing web pages from Mozilla into a PostSCript file (Mozilla has no
direct PDF generation), I use to make PDF with ps2pdf14. I realized
several times that the PDF displays OK, but whenever I try to copy text
from the PDF via clipboard into some application, the result is just
garbage control characters.
When using Acrobat Distiller (v5) for the same PostScript file, copy &
paster works OK. So it must be a mis-feature of Ghostscript, possibly
depending on the way Mozila encodes characters on PostScript.
Upon request, I can provide sample PostScript, and both PDF versions.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1485
Version: 8.15.1