Windows cannot install the cups drivers

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon May 1 12:10:04 PDT 2006

Hello!
I'm running Slackware 10.2 + cups 1.1.23
I got the Windows binary files from the cups site (it says that is only for 1.2+ maybe that's the problem ??):
cupsui6.dll
cupsps6.dll -> renamed to cupsdrv6.dll
cups6.inf, cups6.ini, I don't know what I can do with these.
I put the following files under /usr/share/cups/drivers:
cupsui6.dll
cupsdrv6.dll
ps5ui.dll
pscript.hlp
pscript.ntf
pscript5.dll
I also add the [print$] section as explained in the cupsaddsmb page
Run cupsaddsmb -U root%xxx -v -a all seemed to work fine, I have the files copied under /etc/samba/drivers/W32X86 and /etc/samba/drivers/W32X86/3:
cupsui6.dll
cupsdrv6.dll
ps5ui.dll
pscript.hlp
pscript.ntf
pscript5.dll
tp0.ppd (my printer ppd file, I'm using turboprint)

But when I try to install the exported printer under Windows XP SP2, Windoze says that it cannot find a suitable driver for my printer, if I press OK it ask for a .INF file What's wrong ??

Thanks a lot for your help.