CUPS 1.1.23-clients and Windows 2003 Print Server

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue May 2 13:01:35 PDT 2006

I have Windows 2003 Ent server with the role of printers for all windows clients; and it also has installed LPD services for Unix.  All my Linux clients print without problems to the printer server but this is not the case for Unix clients; because of this issue I decided to installed CUPS on the Solaris workstations so that I could use IPP std instead of LPD.  The windows server has now support for IPP which is accessible in two ways http://servername/printers/queue or http://servername/queue; and the corresponding firewall ports are open 80, 515(LPD).  However, neither the Linux or Unix workstations are able to print!  I have noticed that when I add the printers on UNIX/LINUX side using CUPS web interface then selecting (http) the end result is http://servername:80/printers/queue?  If I where to enter the URL on a browser if will never connect!  Also, I'm getting processing JOB but it never prints because is busy.  Any ideas??  Right now, I don't know where the problem is located Windows Server or CUPS client?

thanks
Leo