converting Postscript Documents (landscape) created with Cups Windows Driver to PDF

Fabian fho at mailinator.com
Thu May 4 03:44:31 PDT 2006

Hello,

i have a Problem with Postscript Files in landscape layout, that i
created with the CUPS Windows Driver 5.0 and the ADOBE PPD File.

I print a document from MS Word on the CUPS Printer. Then I want to
convert the Spool file to a PDF Document in a CUPS backend.

The Cups Printer driver do strange things with landscape Documents :) It
rotates the whole Document incl. Paper.

Now when i convert it to PDF, the PDF converter (ps2pdf) maybe things,
its Portrait(?)... And i get a portrait PDF with moved text formation.
When i include a "%%Orientation: Landscape" line in the Postscript
Document, the PDF converter ignores the Orientation line...

Did anybody have an Idea how can i get a correct landscape PDF with the
CUPS 5.0 Driver?

greetings

Fabian