[cups.general] How can I edit PPD file for Business Inkjet 1000?

Csanyi Pal csanyipal at csanyipal.info
Thu May 4 04:55:41 PDT 2006

Hello!

I wish to edit PPD file for my Business Inkjet 1000 printer to increase
the imageable area but don't know the method.

*DefaultImageableArea: A4
*ImageableArea A4/A4: "9.72 36 585.28 833"

I find these lines abowe in the PPD file of my printer. Can I change
and how to increase imageable area?

The imageable area have now these dimensions:
Page Size:
8.0 x 11.06 in
203.2 x 281.0 mm

Lower-Left:
0.14 x 0.51 in
3.4 x 12.8 mm

Upper-Right:
8.14 x 11.57 in
206.6 x 293.8 mm

If I increase with PPD file (if I can) the imageable area, then I
expect these dimensions:
Lower-Left:
3.4 x 4.0 mm

Upper-Right:
206.6 x 293.0 mm

Is it possible to do this, or the imageable area depend from the printers
properties?

Any advices will be appreciated!

--
Regards, Csányi Paul