Immortal queue!

Vladimir Ivanovic vgivanovic at comcast.net
Thu May 4 09:28:39 PDT 2006

I can't delete a networked queue because its host no longer exists.

   * foomatic-configure -s cups -R -n queue at host.domain.com

works, but the queue comes back after ~15 seconds.

Grepping for "queue at host.domain.com" in my /etc directory (Gentoo 2.6.x) doesn't yield any hits. Where is the queue name kept across boots? It's not in /etc/cups/printers.conf, and it still shows up if I remove it from /etc/printcap and restart cupsd.

I've tried deleting the queue with Webmin, but that doesn't work either. If the queue delete command works, the queue comes back. Sometimes it doesn't work and gives me a "can't find host" error message.

How do I delete this inordinately persistent queue?

Thanks.

--- Vladimir
    vgivanovic at comcast.net