How to send print job to one printer and control code to open cash drawer to another printer (Redirect)

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Tue May 9 13:41:28 PDT 2006

Hi Everybody,

Tried looking for solution to this problem on several forum, without success. This is our setup on a RHEL ES 3 server:

1. Dot matrix printer hooked up as samba printer.
2. POS (Point Of Sale) printer, Epson, with a cash drawer connected. Also setup as samba printer.

Opening the cash drawer is done by a Esc sequence.

We want to send the print job to dot matrix printer and the Esc sequence to Epson to open drawer. On RHEL 2.1, which uses LPRNG, we used an mf_wrapper to send the Esc sequence to Epson and it worked. Is it possible to do similar stuff with CUPS?

Thanks!

Jatinder Singh