[cups.general] Location of information

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed May 10 08:43:03 PDT 2006

Minatra, Pat H. wrote:
> I am trying to trouble shoot a problem that we have here in that the
> record keeping seems to be off.  Clarification follows:
>
> The command lpstat -t | grep disable
> Returns - printer DKELLY disabled since Jan 01 00:00 -
>
> This date of Jan 01 and time of 00:00 is not correct and I am trying to
> determine why this is wrong and where it is stored.

This is a FAQ...

The displayed date is for backwards compatibility with CDE and some
other applications that rely on the exact output format of the lpstat
command.  In CUPS 1.1.x, the actual time/date information was not
available from the scheduler, so we displayed time 0 to satisfy the
old legacy apps.

In CUPS 1.2 and beyond, we now track the state change time and display
it in the lpstat output if it is available; if we don't know the last
time of a state change, then we fall back to time 0...