[cups.general] CUPS 1.2.0 avail for SUSE Linux

Franz Pfoertsch franz.pfoertsch at brose.net
Thu May 11 07:14:23 PDT 2006

Hello Klaus,

I tried it on SuSE93 pro and got the following..

rpm -Uhv *1.2.0*rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        /usr/bin/ionice is needed by cups-1.2.0-0.1

After this I installed like this:
 rpm -Uhv --nodeps *1.2.0*rpm

Now kprinter isn't running.

at the startup detects the cupsd two local printers at parallel Port #1
(Canon and Epson)!

The 10 printers per page at localhost:631/printers should be configureable.

regards and thanks for work

Franz