[cups.general] CUPS 1.2.0 avail for SUSE Linux

Klaus Singvogel kssingvo at suse.de
Thu May 11 07:54:44 PDT 2006

Franz Pfoertsch wrote:
[...]
> I tried it on SuSE93 pro and got the following..
>
> rpm -Uhv *1.2.0*rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         /usr/bin/ionice is needed by cups-1.2.0-0.1

Ouch. Right. This is a feature of the later SUSE distributions.
Will start building new packages for any SUSE *9* distri.
Hopefully, I can provide later today new ones. But it will take
its time till they got spreaded to our mirrors.

> Now kprinter isn't running.

This is a known issue. :( AFAIK the KDE team is working on it.
But I don't expect any KDE fixes for SUSE 9.3. :(

> at the startup detects the cupsd two local printers at parallel Port #1
> (Canon and Epson)!

Please, remove /etc/cups/printers.conf and retry after a new
configuration of your printers.

> The 10 printers per page at localhost:631/printers should be configureable.

Please report these to http://www.cups.org/str.php

Thanks.

Best regards,
	Klaus.