[cups.general] RE: RE: RE: /printers/null

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Fri May 12 08:28:50 PDT 2006

I'm sorry, I was not clear, I tend to be that way some times!  ;-)

The command would be:

lpstat -v QUEUENAME and then ENTER

Example, I have a queue name of IMAP12

lpstat -v IMAP12

Would return:
device for IMAP12: socket://10.1.1.55:9100

Or even:
lpstat -v TSDFLT
Returns:
device for TSDFLT: /dev/null

You would do this for each of the queues.

OR

Go to your printers.conf file (ours is at cd /etc/cups) and then you can
'grep null printers.conf' to at least find out if it is in that file.
To find out which printer it is you could view printers.conf in the
/etc/cups directory (or where ever yours is stored) and then just search
for null (i.e. /\/null).

HTH, have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax