Photo Image Print System

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sat May 13 00:04:35 PDT 2006

Hi there! I use FedoraCore 5 and I own an Epson Stylus C20 printer. I had configured the printer with the default tools that ware shipped with fedora and everything worked pretty well. But I messed a full-featured monitor for the printer like the one I had in windows, so I looked around and I found out that avasys ships epson-printer drivers for linux that provide also a monitor for ink and so on.

I installed the rpm that they provide and Then I tried to follow the instructions (  http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ViewFAQ.aspx?lng=en-GB&ID=KB020176EN&data=1CA43EA61697E966F002F324C28121448E7EF48DA1A65B85263968866F12ADFC) for installing the printer drivers into cups, but I got stuck here:

"Please set the settings of CUPS to use Photo Image Print System, before you first print out."

If I follow all the pther steps, I cannot find the "EPSON Inkjet Printer #1 (Photo Image Print System)" in the list of devices shown trhought the web configuration interface of cups...

any idea?