background image

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon May 15 05:12:51 PDT 2006

Anonymous wrote:
>>>is it possibel to print with cups automatically adding a
>>>backgroundimage?
>>
>>Using the standard pstops filter - no.
>>Using the "alternate pstops filter"
>>(see the links on the CUPS home page) - yes, via the
>>page-label option. See the example contained in the documentation.
>

> i can't find an example in pstops.txt using page-label.
>
> is there possibly a documentation for less intelligent people like me?
>
> perhaps you can introduce me short in the context using it?
> please.
>
> i simply want a printer with automatically adding a note paper (Briefbogen) in the background.
>

> thanks tim

Sorry, you're right. Here is an example:
---snip---
%%BeginFile: confidential 1.0 0

userdict begin
/CUPS_confidential where
{pop}
{       % first call: do necessary initialisations
         currentglobal true setglobal
         globaldict begin
         /CUPS_confidential true def             % say not yet called
         end
         setglobal

         % Define the BeginPage stuff to render the watermark to appear
         % beneath the contents of every page
         <<
                 /BeginPage
                 {
                         pop
                         gsave
                         /_WM_str (Confidential) def
                         /Courier [30 0 0 40 0 0] selectfont
                         /DeviceRGB setcolorspace
                         0.6 0.8 1 setcolor
                         currentpagedevice/PageSize get aload pop
                         2 div exch 2 div exch translate 45 rotate
                         newpath
                         _WM_str stringwidth pop 2 div neg 0 moveto
                         _WM_str show
                         grestore
                 }bind
         >>setpagedevice

}ifelse

end %userdict

%%EndFile
---snip---

Note that, in case if a background *image*, the complete image data must be set up as, say, an
array of strings, or, in case you printer(s) speak(s) PostScript level 3, as contents of a
reusable stream.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung