[cups.general] CUPS and MacOS 10.3.9

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Mon May 15 13:38:20 PDT 2006

Hi,

Are there any known issue with CUPS and Macs running MacOS 10.3.9?  I
have a Linux based print server running CUPS and providing print
services for Windows via Samba and for Macs running CUPS pointed
directly to the server.  On the Windows side, everything is honky-dory.
On the Mac side, as long as you don't want multiple copies, everything
is honky-dory.  But if you want 2 copies, you get 4, 3 copies and you
get 9, and so on..  When I look at the page_log, page number and num
copies is always 1, but if the user requested 2 copies, I'll see to
entries with the same job number, or if 3 copies, 3 entries and so on.
It looks to me as if the Macs are sending the entires multiple copy job
multiple times.

Has anyone else seen this, and how have you fixed it.

Thanks,
Rob

--

Rob Tanner