block colorfree documents filter

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue May 16 09:10:36 PDT 2006

d.goettel at dkfz.de wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there the possibility to set up a filter which blocks the printing of colorfree documents for a specific printer?
>
> Background:
> We have many users who use our colorlaser for simple black/white prints.
> (...Yes, don't ask....telling them doesn't work....)

You may set up an additional filter which calls Ghostscript with an appropriate PS script
that intercepts *all* color related operands (depends on the language level) and blocks/aborts
any job that pretends only to use b/w.

But keep in mind that an approach like this is not 100% reliable, e.g. you may easily create a
PS job that pretends to render an e.g. RGB image but in fackt only does a grayscale image etc.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung