[cups.general] Allow anyone to start a printer?

Minatra, Pat H. pminatra at hsutx.edu
Tue May 16 18:13:10 PDT 2006

I wrote a unix script run through cron by an autorized user (not root)
that checks for downed print queues every ten minutes and if they are
down it brings them back up.  Works really good and it is accepted very
well.  We are on CUPS v.1.1.23 on a Linux Red Hat v.4.0 OS.

HTH and have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance
between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax