[cups.general] CUPS 1.1.23 pstops and%%BeginFeature...%%EndFeature

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed May 17 07:36:50 PDT 2006

Hello,

On May 17 07:27 Gene Heskett wrote (shortened):
> Michael Sweet wrote:
> > ... use "fitplot" with CUPS 1.2...
> >
> Do you have a pointer to some docs?

I am not Michael, nevertheless here we are:
See
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/options.html
"Standard Printing Options" -> "Scaling to Fit"

And even more important regarding how does it actually work:
http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L365+P2
"-o fitplot" is equivalent to "-o scaling=100" for images
This lets me hope that "fitplot" leaves circles as circles
when it scales e.g. from A4 to Letter or vice versa.

By the way:
I already hear the complaints that "fitplot" changes the size
of embedded graphics like plans, maps, or engineering drawings
;-)

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de