Disabling password authentication with cancel command?

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu May 18 01:19:53 PDT 2006

Joakim Nyberg wrote:

> Thank you, I have now updated to CUPS 1.2. I am trying to figure out how to set a policy for allowing the cancellation of jobs by a non-root user with the command line command cancel.
> I am not sure but is the "Policy" section in cupsd.conf only for the webinterface or does it also affect the command-line commands?
> Any hints on how to set the policy would be great!

It also affects the command line commands. You can get even easier to
non-restricted job-canceling. Go into the web interface
(https://localhost:631/) and click the "Adminitration" tab. Then you
find five check boxes on the right to configure the CUPS daemon. Check
the one which allows everyone to cancel everone's jobs and click the
button to submit the changes. When asked for login and password enter
"root" and the root password. CUPS is restarted automatically and from
now on there should be no authentication any more for canceling jobs.

   Till