Billing system for CUPS

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Sun May 21 21:00:54 PDT 2006

Thanks for the reply. The cards are pretty simple actually. Students add  some dollar amount to their cards at various machines around campus. When they want to purchase things around campus, they can use the card like a credit card at the point of purchase. Our print system uses cash card readers (Danyl) to deduct the fee from their cards. That's about it, there's not much else to them. Using the CUPS accounting capability, we can produce statistics on lab printing. We do this now with Uniprint, but its a costly solution, that I think could easily be replaced by CUPS .