No parallel port in printer setup

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon May 22 11:16:59 PDT 2006

> I've successfully installed cups-1.1.23.0_1 on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE.
> I also installed the hpijs port to include the drivers for my HP1100 LaserJet printer, which is plugged into the parallel port.
>
> I'm doing all this so that I can print to the LaserJet from my Macintosh workstation.
>
> When I connect to the FreeBSD computer's CUPS web interface on port 631, and try to install a printer, I don't see "parallel port" as a device.
> All I see are:
> AppSocket/HP JetDirect
> Internet Printing Protocol (http)
> Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
> LPD/LPR Host or Printer
> Standard Serial Port #1
>
> Have I done something wrong?
>
> In the past, I've had it working fine off of the parallel port.
>
> TIA,
> Charles

I've solved *part* of my problem...
(blush) I guess it would help if the printer *was* actually plugged in to the parallel port, eh?
Got that done, configured the printer for the parallel port, printed a test page...
"Interrupt storm detected in "irq7:"; throttling interrupt source"
Before I use lptcontrol -e lpt0 to change it to polled mode, I'd like to try the BIOS settings to resolve this.

I have:
Output only
Raw
ECP