[cups.general] http://www.cups.org/str.php: can't submit (much more detailed report hopefullly)

wtautz wtautz at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 25 10:52:14 PDT 2006

Michael Sweet wrote:

> wtautz wrote:
>
>> Michael Sweet wrote:

>>> Details, please!
>>>
>>> (and you can send web site issues to webmaster at cups.org, BTW...)
>>>
>> After attempting to submit I get:
>>
>> *Error:* Fill in the fields as marked and resubmit. In particular,
>> Software version: is in red and at this point it only offers
>> "Choose Version" and "-version". Prior to submitting I
>> had a truckload of versions. I tried 1.2.0 and 1.2.1.
>

> Hmm, what are each of the other fields set to?

Tried it again:

Application: Core CUPS Software
Published: Yes
when cupsd linked to openssl
Software Version: 1.2.1 (after trying to submit this field become
highlighted
                                         in red and if I try to choose a
version I only get
                                         one choice, namely -feature
Created By: nothing here (was chosen for me)
Assigned To: Unassigned (was chosen for me)
Detailed Description of Problem:
Michael Sweet sent me the following:

Anyways, looking at the ldd output you provided, this cupsd is
linked against OpenSSL, and the automatic certificate generation
is currently only supported with GNU TLS - the OpenSSL APIs for
key and certificate generation are quite primitive, and we didn't
have time to duplicate all of the openssl CLI tool code to do
it...

If you'd like to see this functionality, post a RFE on the CUPS
bug page:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php

NOTE. username: fedfan

submitted via firefox on Ubuntu/Breezy. firefox version is:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060418
Firefox/1.0.8 (Ubuntu package 1.0.8)