[cups.general] Some feature the configure script should have a better default cupsd.conf at build time.

wtautz wtautz at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 25 11:16:35 PDT 2006

Hi,

Feature Request: It would be nice to be able to specify CUPS_STATEDIR
Curently it seems to be specified as "$localstatedir/run/cups"
I notice that one can do control where the cache directory is and the
log directory
how about adding a ---with-statedir option to configure?
where $localstatedir presumably seems to  be specified via --localstatedir
Also it would be nice to control where the backend stuff gets installed.

Q. I assume that config.h file contains all the the special CUPS_
variables? I.e. all the
hardwired, possibly configurable via cupsd.conf parameters?

Feature request: Could you folks generate a cupsd.conf file that
includes all the hardwired
defaults COMMENTED out and a note that these represent the defaults. I
believe
the developer of lprng use to do something like this....

I would post these via the str.php script but I can not submit reports.
I've already reported
that via the mail list.

Walter