Big latency when printing

Markus Kopf list at mkopf.net
Fri May 26 02:01:33 PDT 2006

Hi,

since version 1.1.20 kept crashing on our sles 9 server (running samba 3.0.22), I have upgraded to version 1.2.0.
CUPS doesn't crash anymore, but now I'm having a nasty latency when printing. The time the printer actually starts printing after the job has been submitted takes from about 30 secs up to 4 minutes.

Depending on the application printing from my WinXP clients, the client is blocked for the time beeing until the job has been accepted/ submitted or whatever.

The only error that is logged in error_log is:
cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided.

Besides this, everything looks just fine.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks very much.

Markus