Epson Stylus CX6600

Roy Cole royski at grandecom.net
Sun May 28 12:43:33 PDT 2006

> Russ Fineman wrote:
> > Brian did you ever get your printer working? I'm going out this afternoon
> > and pick up a CX6600. Office Depot has them for $178. plus a $50. rebate.
> > I'll let you know how the driver I downloaded works.
>
> I've gotten as far as (sadly) removing NetBSD from the print server and installing Slackware 10 (painful, i cannot STAND linux) and i've gotten
> PIPS built and installed.  i can add a printer, choose the CX6600 model that is installed via PIPS, and i can attempt to print a test page.  it then informs me that "Media tray empty!" and aborts the jobs.  the media tray is not empty, and the control panel on the front of the printer has nothing to say about the media tray being empty.
>
> other than that, it sees to work great.   ;)
>
> -brian

Hi Brian (and others)

Just purchased Slackware Linux V10.2 and have a CX6600 printer as well.

Want to make my system work with this printe (home use) and running off of a USB port locally, not yet for networking.

Never done this as yet, either got a USB port working or loaded a printer of any kind.

I am a newbie to Linux.

How can you help?  What are the step by step procedures and or is there a Howto file I can bone up on to get going.

I have gone to the Epson site and downloaded the printer files for both CUPS and LPR, just to save time.

Regards Royski