viewing jobs in distant queue

Frédéric Buelens fbuelens at ulb.ac.be
Wed May 31 07:41:26 PDT 2006

Hello,

At my work we have a CUPS server on one of our computers which simply transfers the local jobs of various printers to a general LPD print server on another computer. Here is an example entry of the "/etc/cups/printers.conf":

<Printer c226>
Info
Location
DeviceURI lpd://lpserver/c226
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

This works well. However, since all the jobs are immediately sent to the host "lpserver", the jobs never stay in the local CUPS queues, but have to wait in the distant lpd queue. The problem is that the command "lpq" does not display anything helpfull for the local user.

I know that it is not a CUPS problem, but I'd like to know if there are some ways to display the distant lpd queues state locally with lpq.

Thanks for your help!