[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #1664: CUPS Windows driver 5.0 generating nonstandard Postscript Code?

Fabian Holler fho at inmedias.it
Mon May 8 05:21:57 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I suppose that the CUPS  Windows driver generating nonstandard PS Code for
Windows documents e.g. from MS Word, if they will be printed in landscape
orientation.

When modifying the PS spool file with ghostscript, e.g. scaling,
converting to another format or regenerating a new PS file, a fourth from
the PS document will be cut away.
I don't find any way to edit the PS file, without data loss.

I've attached an example CUPS spool file produced with the CUPS Windows
driver 5.0rc3 with MS Word 2003 on Windows 2000

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1664
Version: 1.1.23rc1