[cups.bugs] Re: [LOW] STR #1689: libcups: changing PageSize doesn't affect ImageableArea/PaperDimension

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon May 15 12:23:21 PDT 2006

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

Well, marking PageSize/PageRegion will not affect the others, however we
don't use that when setting the default options through the web interface
- we rewrite the DefaultFoo options in a copy of the PPD and upload the
new copy via am IPP CUPS_ADD_MODIFY_PRINTER request...

Also, none of the CUPS code uses the DefaultImageableArea or
DefaultPaperDimension variables, but instead we use the marked size. More
than likely, gedit isn't using the CUPS PPD parser and is erroneously
using these attributes rather than using the selected size name to do a
lookup.

That said, the CGI code was not setting these defaults to the selected
page size like lpadmin does, so I've corrected *that* issue in r5527.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1689
Version: 1.2.0
Fix Version: 1.3-current (r5527)