Problem to print!!

cg at mcdi.com cg at mcdi.com
Fri May 19 05:51:30 PDT 2006

Hello All,

I would like to test my usb printer by sending raw data from my shell.

I tried this command : echo "Hello" > /dev/usb/lp0,  I have no answer from the usb printer.  I tried another printer, and no answer too.  I installed CUPS 1.1.23 and it seems installed properly.  But when I tried to print a test page, the job is completed but no printing done.

Linux version : 2.6.12 (cross compiler for armV9).
My 2 printers are Epson Stylus C82 and EPSON Stylus 880

I need your help, I would like to make sure that the usblp driver is correct. Or maybe something else is not configured...

Christian

cg at mcdi.com