[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #1733: ldap modify doesn't work

dkastens.uos dkastens at uos.de
Tue May 30 06:12:40 PDT 2006

[STR New]

I have defined the cups printer "psrzma" with the description "HP LaserJet
5Si/Mx". When I configure ldap browsing, cupsd tries to update the
cupsprinter entry in my ldap storage. It uses the following ldap filter:
(&(objectClass=cupsPrinter)(printerDescription~=HP LaserJet 5Si/Mx))
and then tries to update the ldap entry "cn=HP LaserJet 5Si/Mx", which
doesn't exist, of course, because the printer is named "cn=psrzma".
When I rename the ldap printer to "cn=HP LaserJet 5Si/Mx", cupsd modifies
the entry, but it deletes the printerMakeAndModel attribute. During the
next browsing period cupsd finds the entry but it dies with a segmentation
fault, because the printerMakeAndModel attribute is missing.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1733
Version: 1.2.1