[cups.general] any ideas: cups

Robert Gruener rgruener at online.de
Thu Nov 2 01:10:42 PST 2006

Gourisankar Mulaka wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>   I have the following problem :
>
> I want to print from solaris8 to CUPS print server(Redhat fedora core5).
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Reddy

And what exactly is your problem? There should be none in general. Just
install cups at core5 and solaris. Modify the cupsd.conf at the solaris
machine, either to browse/poll from the core5 server or alternatively
have a client.conf which points to the server. Please hav in mind , that
there are some prerequsites at solaris, like ghostscript and so on. I am
not sure with sol8, with sol10 you can find anything on suns companion cd.

--

Gruss / Cheers

Robert