printer config options 1.22 / 1.25 ?

Helmut Jarausch jarausch at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Nov 2 03:10:50 PST 2006

Hi,

when configuring my NRG printer,
version 1.22 and 1.25 show different options to a field.

E.g.  under  'Media Source'
version 1.2.5 offers
Bypass Tray, Tray1, .. ,Tray4

the older version - using exactly the same ppd file in
/usr/share/cups/model

offers
Bypass Tray, Tray1, .. ,Tray4, Auto  <=====

This makes sense since the printer (a Nashuatec multifunction copier)
has the feature to automatically select a suitable tray which is
not empty.

If I edit the resulting duplex.ppd file in /etc/cups/ppp (version 1.2.5)
and set DefaultInputSlot to 'Auto'
the web interface still shows 'Bypass Tray'.
But if I try to select 'Bypass Tray' from the web interface
I get an error message saying that this option conflicts with
the 'duplex' option.

What might be the reason?

Many thanks for hint,

Helmut.