cups-lpd

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Nov 2 07:23:59 PST 2006

Jacob Lindberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running a CUPS 1.1.23. It's a Gentoo ppc64 distribution running inside an i5 machine as an LPAR. So far this setup is working more than perfectly.
>
> A couple of days ago I enabled cups-lpd on this machine, since I wanted my OS400 to be able to deliver print to my different queues. This worked out pretty well. I created a queue on the os400 which is just delivering the print to my CUPS via lpd.
>
> Now I'm considering upgrading to CUPS 1.2.5. So what I have done is to copy my setup to another box (since the above is production), and verified that everything is working. Except some different lib updates, I got it to work without any problems.
>
> Now here is the problem. The cups-lpd is able to get the print from the OS400, but on the output (the paper itself) I only get a square in the middle giving me the Job ID, Title, Requesting User, and Billing info. My question is: What am I missing here?

I can't tell from the logs (you are missing the initial job creation),
but are your print files "raw" files (PCL text, or something like
that) that are getting passed directly to the printer?

If so, you are probably running into a known issue (STR #1933) with
raw printing of multiple files and/or banners.