CUPS on hp-ux 11 Itanium based systems

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Sun Nov 5 11:26:14 PST 2006

for all readers:

(a detailed answer has been written to Michael Grote)

I'm not able to publish all informations here, so you get a short summary:

There exists a working CUPS installation, where the CUPS daemon on HP-UX
acts as client for browsing, load-balancing and fail-over.

CUPS works at least on following versions:
HP-UX 11.00 (PA-RISC)
HP-UX 11.11 (PA-RISC)
HP-UX 11.23 (Itanium 2)

We are using about 300 printers at the moment. Another 300 will follow in
the next months.

CUPS can also act as server on HP-UX (but we didn't do much tests, because
we don't need).

During the last year we had very few problems with CUPS and it improves our
printing environment a lot.

Altogether it was a good decision.  :)

best regards!
Bernd