printing to unsupported windows printer

b. mastro brianmas at highstream.net
Mon Nov 6 09:12:18 PST 2006

I recently purchased a Primera Signature Z6 cd/dvd direct label printer which has no Linux drivers available and it seems they have no interest in  making any for this printer. I thought I could set it up in Windows XP pro and access it via samba/cups but so far I haven't been able to get it working at all, it always asks for printer model. I was hoping to just spool the job and let the windows side figure out what the print job is and process it.
Is there any kind of tutorial/walkthrough on printing to unsupported Windows printers?