Smart cups, How?

Fernando C fernando.calheiros at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 10:15:49 PST 2006

Hello for all,

I've the following situation:

One computer with Win 98 where is installed three Plotters, directly connected.

I would like , using CUPS, send a job, then cups choice for me what is the best option, the plotter more available.

Using the CLASS feature, CUPS can send the job to the next plotter of sequence.
i.e: job 1 goes to plotter 1, job 2 goes to plotter 2, job 3 goes to plotter 3, job 4 goes to job 1, job 5 goes to job 2, etc.

If I have at plotter-1 forty jobs, for example, and at plotter-2 just four jobs, plotter-1 may be choiced cause it's the next at sequence.

How can we make CUPS think-about thats and make the best choice?

Somebody can view my scenario?

Sorry my english.

Thanks for attention.

Fernando.