[cups.general] Howto monitor cupsd ?

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Tue Nov 7 02:48:05 PST 2006

Hi,

thanks - nice summary. Well I didn't posted any details
about the windows printing, because - it works well.
Our problem seems not to be a general setup problem.
We are now using cups + samba(windows) for 3.5 years
in the current setup.

New is our file services and the - for me - unknown
dependencie between the file server running samba
and the printserver. Simply because there are no printers
at the file server defined. But the file server stops working
when the cupsd is giving up. That's new. Our old hpux
didn't care about this.

However the setup is:

suse 9.1,
cups-1.1.20-108.31
cups-devel-1.1.20-108.31
cups-drivers-1.1.20-60
cups-drivers-stp-1.1.20-60
cups-SUSE-ppds-dat-1.1.20-98
cups-client-1.1.20-108.31
cups-libs-1.1.20-108.31

About 20 printer, using the following setup for samba

[global]
         netbios name = PRINT
         printcap cache time = 750
         printcap name = cups
         cups options = raw

And tea4cups for accounting (for the windows jobs).

Bye,
	Peer

--
Mit freundlichem Gruss