[cups.general] Printing envelopes

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Wed Nov 8 10:10:18 PST 2006

On 8 Nov 2006, at 17:28, Bruce Bertrand wrote:
> I have a Samsung ML-2010, which is working quite well in CUPS for
> general printing on 8.5x11 paper.
>
> When I try to print onto a No. 10 envelope the text is offset, as
> if the envelope should be fed at the left side of the printer's
> manual feed slot.
>
> However, the paper guides on this printer move in unison, so that
> an envelope is fed at the center of the slot.

Hi there,

Might the PPD used not affect features such as this? I know that the
"proper" or "official" Adobe or HP ppd for my Laserjet shows more
options than the foomatic one.

I can find two PPDs for your printer:
<http://www.linuxprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.cgi?
driver=gdi&printer=Samsung-ML-2010&show=1>
<http://splix.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/splix/splix/ppd/ml2010.ppd?
revision=22&view=markup>

The latter is part of the "Splix" drivers for Samsung printers
project, so might be worth a look. <http://splix.ap2c.org/index.html>

Stroller.