Hang While Adding Printer from Web Interface

William Bloom williambloom at mac.com
Wed Nov 8 11:37:11 PST 2006

I've compiled/installed CUPS 1.26 and ESPGS 8.15.3 on my Solaris 9 SPARC host without error and have the daemon running.  I can add a printer and submit jobs to it using the CUPS command line.  The web interface is -generally- working, but when I attempt to add a new printer via the web interface, there is an endless hang after I select a manufacturer at the 'Model/Manufacturer' page and click 'Continue'.  When I enable 'debug', all the error log shows is that a POST was sent, then the SSL session is closed after several seconds.  Anyone else seen this, is it a known issue, any suggestions on how to isolate?