Using alternative drivers

tong suntong001 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 20:00:10 PST 2006

Hi,

The new cupsys v1.2 in Debian Etch does not work for me, while the old cupsys
v1.1 in Debian Sarge works perfectly. (My latest attempt and problem logged at:
http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?s3095+gcups.bugs+v3104+T0 )

In new Debian Etch I tried to use back the gimpprint driver instead of
gutenprint. But seems only the gutenprint driver that didn't work for me
shows up for me to choose in the web interface. So,

- can I used back my gimpprint driver, which works for me in cupsys v1.1, in
cupsys v1.2 (Debian Etch)?

- if so, where can I find docs showing how to do so?

- where can I find docs showing how to do if I find an alternative driver
from say http://linuxprinting.org/ ?

thanks

tong